I’m leading a knitalong for the Prismatic Scarf over in the malabrigo junkies group on Ravelry! Linda from Yarnzilla is helping me lead the KAL (neither of us really has any idea what this will entail, honestly, but I’m excited anyway). This is part of Malabrigo March, in which the Malabrigo Nation will apparently attempt to propel Malabrigo up the yarn popularity rankings in Ravelry during the month of March. There will be prizes awarded for most Malabrigo projects cast on, most creative photo involving Malabrigo, best use of color, etc. It’s sort of insane. I really wasn’t kidding when I said this yarn had a cult following.
Anyway, if you’ve been thinking of casting on for something in Malabrigo, apparently now’s the time. The group is giving away nice stuff, like Addi lace needles, Malabrigo sock yarn, and handmade project bags.
- KAL thread here. Come on in and sign up!
- Print or download the pattern here. (It’s available as a free Ravelry PDF download)
- The malabrigo junkies group is here.
- Malabrigo’s website is here.
- People on the malabrigo junkies board have asked where to buy Malabrigo, and here are the responses people have given, along with their notes (I can only personally vouch for a couple of these vendors):
- WEBS (volume discount works out to $9.60 a skein if you buy at least 5)
- Jimmy Bean’s ($10.50 a skein)
- Fabulous Yarn (“It worked out to $8.60 per skein before shipping to order 7. To do that I had to sign up for their knitlist thing, and then they have some automatic discounts. Shipping using the cheapest method worked out to an additional $5.40.” Someone else said it worked out as low as $8.06 a skein)
- Yarnzilla ($11.95 a skein, large color selection, volume discount, they carry Silky Merino)
- Discount Yarn Sale (good price, but you have to order an entire bag at a time)
- Yarn Country ($10.75 a skein)
- WhitKnits (this is the last place I ordered from–all yarns on sale through tomorrow)
- Needle Nook (they carry worsted, silky, chunky, laceweight; phone orders only)
- And additional vendors listed as buying options on Ravelry: Tangle, knot another hat, Make 1 Yarns, and Valley Yarn