Leaving for Toledo today, California on Sunday. I may or may not be posting while I’m gone over the next 2 1/2 weeks or so. Any suggestions for good yarn shops to visit? I have no idea if I will actually have any time for such things–I’m not going to be in the Bay Area for a decent chunk of that time due to the wedding, and there are plenty of other things I want to do while I am in the Bay Area, but just in case. I know there’s a new one in Albany called k2tog, and I am always interested in visits to Artfibers, Imagiknit, Article Pract, Stonemountain and Daughter, Lacis, and Stash Yarns, but I’ve been to all of those except k2tog already.
Project list (I certainly won’t knit up all of it; it sounds like a lot, but there will be many hours in the car and airport/airplanes, and I expect many hours of downtime, too, so I should be able to make pretty good progress on something else once the shawl is out of the way):
- Loquat Shawl and extra yarn to finish it
- Barbara Walker Volume 2 and The Lacy Knitting of Mary Schiffmann (a slim volume I found at the library with a number of nice charted patterns, including several edging patterns I might try, and a non-charted but very exciting peacock doily akin to, though not exactly the same as, this one) to help me figure out how to finish the shawl
- My skein of turquoise llama yarn, since I should be seeing Molly in CA and am hoping I can finish something for her before I do
- Yarn and needles for the Tangled Yoke Cardigan (lots of stockinette!)
- My skein of Sundara Sock in Arabian Nights to at least start swatching for a lace scarf