I’m going to be demonstrating drop spindle spinning at the Great Midwest Alpaca Festival again this year (look, I’m on their webpage now!) I had a great time last year and although I’ve been doing way more knitting than spinning in the last six months, I plan to bring my family of Jenkins Turkish Spindles to entice people into spinning. (How ’bout that referral program, Wanda?) Because so many people asked me about my spindle last year, I think I might make up some cards to give away with spinning info/resources:
- a link to the Jenkins site
- links to good spinning sites: Abby’s Yarns and Ask the Bellwether (plus my site, I guess, so they know who they were talking to; and I think Etsy and Ravelry)
- Local spinning fiber sources, aside from the alpaca vendors at the festival: The Knitting Tree, Susan’s Fiber Shop, The Sow’s Ear
- Upcoming local fiber events: Wisconsin Spin-In, Wisconsin Sheep and Wool
- Some good “start spinning” books: Abby Franquemont’s Respect the Spindle, Maggie Casey’s Start Spinning
Anything I’m forgetting that would be helpful?
Anyway, if you happen to be at the festival browsing for alpacas that day, please stop by and say hi 🙂